This section of the newsletter gives you important updates from our team. As always, please reach out to your local field representative, or anyone on our team with any questions.
• Food Safety Training. In May, we unveiled our new online food safety training and toolkit! Thank you to partners who have completed the training and provided valuable feedback. If you missed our communication last month that included details about how often your program needs to receive training and who needs to be trained, please feel free to reach out to your GSFB field staff. To view the food safety training toolkit, and to take the food safety assessment, please visit our GSFB website at: https://www.gsfb.org/food-safety/
• Expanded Hours Initiative. Please check your email if you didn’t see our grant announcement sent out on June 18th. We will be choosing five food pantries to receive $2,000 grants in order to expand their service hours by at least two hours per month. Applications are due by noon on July 11th!
• FoodKeeper Guidelines. Learn about the guidelines we follow to maximize the quality of food products: https://www.foodsafety.gov/keep/foodkeeperapp/index.html
• 2018 Holiday and Inventory Calendar - https://www.gsfb.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/2018-GSFB-calendar.pdf
• Agency Services Team Contacts: The Agency Services team at Good Shepherd Food Bank consists of our field staff based throughout the state, an administrative support position in Auburn, and the Agency Services Manager, also based in Auburn. Contact information for our team is updated and available on our website here: https://www.gsfb.org/help/partner-agency-resources/contact-community-partnerships/